Thursday, November 10, 2011

time and being too busy

We often fall into the trap of being so busy that we
become caught up in this World of ours today.  We even
seem to forget that we are only on this Earth for a short
time.  It is written,  What is your life? You are
a mist that appears for a little while and then
vanishes.                               ( James 4:14 )
   Therefore our Savior Jesus Christ asked us; What good
will it be for a man if he gains the whole world,
yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in
exchange for his soul?  So, always
remember to keep God number one in your heart and
mind, for after all Eternity is a very, very, long time indeed.
   Now as I was composing this message I received the
poem below from a dear friend.  It seems perfect to end this
message with that poem, for it is a reminder to us all.
                I knelt to pray but not for long,
                I had too much to do.
                I had to hurry and get to work
                For bills would soon be due.
                So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
                And jumped up off my knees.
                My Christian duty was now done
                My soul could rest at ease.
                All day long I had no time
                To spread a word of cheer.
                No time to speak of Christ to friends,
                They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
                No time, no time, too much to do,
                That was my constant cry,
                No time to give to souls in need
                But at last the time, the time to die.
                I went before the Lord,
                I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
                For in his hands God held a book;
                It was the book of life.
                God looked into his book and said
                "Your name I cannot find.
                I once was going to write it down...
                But never found the time"
                                                 Author Unknown
   Something to think about indeed, would you not say?  Now
have a great day and remember that God smiles everytime
He thinks about you.     Amen.

No comments: