Thursday, September 13, 2012

pride....

PRIDE
My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
i cheat you out of your God-given destiny....
because you demand your own way.
i cheat you out of contentment.....
because you "deserve better than this."
i cheat you out of knowledge......because you already know it all.
i cheat you out of healing.....because you're too full of me to forgive.
i cheat you out of holiness.....
because you refuse to admit when you are wrong.
i cheat you out of vision.....
because you'd rather look in the mirror than out the window.
i cheat you out of genuine friendship.....
because no one is going to know the real you.
i cheat you out of love.....
because romance demands sacrafice.
i cheat you out of greatness in heaven.......
because you refuse to wash another's feet on earth.
i cheat you out of God's glory......
because i convince you to seek your own.
my name is pride. i am a cheater.
you like me because you think i am always looking out for you.
not true.
i'm looking to make a fool of you.
God has so much for you, i admit, but don't worry.....
if you stick with me you will NEVER know.

No comments: