Sunday, December 23, 2007

the Christmas Pageant.....

"THE CHRISTMAS PAGEANT."

My proudest moment came during the
children's Christmas pageant. My daughter was playing
Mary, two of my sons were shepherds and my
youngest son was a wise man.
This was their moment to shine. My five-year-old
shepherd had practiced his line,
'We found the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes.'
But he was nervous and said, 'The baby was wrapped
in wrinkled clothes.' My four-year-old 'Mary' said,
'That's not 'wrinkled clothes,' silly. That's dirty, rotten clothes.'
A wrestling match broke out between Mary and the shepherd
and was stopped by an angel, who bent her halo and lost
her left wing. I slouched a little lower in my seat when Mary
dropped the doll representing Baby Jesus, and it bounced
down the aisle crying, 'Mama-mama.'
Mary grabbed the doll, wrapped it back up and held it tightly
as the wise men arrived. My other son stepped
forward wearing a bathrobe and a paper crown, knelt at the
manger and announced, 'We are the three wise guys,
and we are bringing gifts of gold, common sense and fur.'
The congregation dissolved into laughter, and the pageant
got a standing ovation.

'I've never enjoyed a Christmas program as much as this
one,' laughed the Pastor, wiping tears from his eyes.
'For the rest of my life, I'll never hear the Christmas story
without thinking of gold, common sense and fur.'
'My children are my pride and my joy and my greatest
blessing,' I said as I dug through my purse for an aspirin.
Author, Unknown

No comments: